Sometimes we are faced with difficult times and challenges. When this happens sometimes it can help to read motivational quotes. While no quote will do the work for you, it can give you the confidence and motivation needed to attack the challenges you are faced with head on.
Here are ten motivational quotes to help inspire you.
1. “Give yourself an even greater challenge than the one you are trying to master and you will develop the powers necessary to overcome the original difficulty.”
— William J. Bennett – The Book of Virtues
2. “Excellence is an art won by training and habituation. We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but we rather have those because we have acted rightly. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.”
3. “Sometimes when the obstacle in front of you seems so big to conquer, it will cause you to dig deep and work harder. This will help you eventually reach all of your dreams.”
— Craig Clemens, a plumbing services contractor.
4. “Nothing in the world can take the place of Persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan ‘Press On’ has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race.”
— Calvin Coolidge
5. “The most dangerous leadership myth is that leaders are born — that there is a genetic factor to leadership. This myth asserts that people simply either have certain charismatic qualities or not. That’s nonsense; in fact, the opposite is true. Leaders are made rather than born.”
— Warren G. Bennis
6. “Whenever you feel like life cannot get any more difficult, take a break and press pause. If you continue to stress over it, that will not solve the problem. Learn to talk to friends and family also, as their influencer can help you clear your mind.”
— Joe Langlois, a PlayUp review blogger.
7. “Leadership is not magnetic personality — that can just as well be a glib tongue. It is not ‘making friends and influencing people’ — that is flattery. Leadership is lifting a person’s vision to high sights, the raising of a person’s performance to a higher standard, the building of a personality beyond its normal limitations.”
— Peter F. Drucker
8. “Pretend that every single person you meet has a sign around his or her neck that says, ‘Make me feel important.’ Not only will you succeed in sales, you will succeed in life.”
— Mary Kay Ash
9. “Whatever you are faced with, just remember that you have loved ones that care very deeply about you.”
— Chris Tomlin, an entrepreneur focused on these products.
10. “Your time is limited, don’t waste it living someone else’s life. Don’t be trapped by dogma, which is living the result of other people’s thinking. Don’t let the noise of other’s opinion drowned your own inner voice. And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition, they somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.”
— Steve Jobs